Tuesday

Home is where the heart is.

A weekend of sample sales and Christmas planning has meant all quiet on the posting front.

The Christopher Kane sample sale was being held at the London Newcastle project space on Redchurch Street, spitting distance from the trusty bagel shop. I arrive at the sale equipped with a salmon bagel and my pooch. I was disappointed to see a whole load of empty ish racks. The sale had opened the evening before and was told by the sales staff that people were queuing for hours. Mental. Reluctant to leave empty handed I sold out and bought one of those damn monkey t-shirts.

I arrived at the Emma Cook sample bright and early Saturday morning, I was especially excited about the advertised ‘£15 bargain rail’. Imagine the disappoint with the SOLD OUT written on the door. Bummer.

To make up for the lack of posts here is a triple whammy All I Want For Christmas installment.

I have decided to stick to the theme ‘Home ware’.

Everybody loves home ware. I love home ware.

Firstly are these Afternoon Tea bits and bobs by Undergrowth that first got me excited. I love a cuppa. I saw these in the window of Lifestyle Bazaar on Kingsland Road.




I love the sugar pot.



How cute are the diddy teaspoons. They spell "Etc." Brilliant.



They are also for sale in Liberty. Check them out, they have a whole load of matching cake stands and plates too. Winner.



Next up is this metal hook in the shape of a dear, as it is described on the Zara Home website. I have an obsession with those taxidermy deer heads that go on the wall of country pubs and homes. I hope to have one in my house soon. But until then I’ll settle with a couple of these. It’ll set you back a rather precise £19.90 per head.



Finally are these rather old fogey like Waterford crystal candle sticks from department store bore Debenhams. I don’t know what drew my attention to these immediately, but I love big churchy style candles in the home. 100 quid for the pair.



I think these would look great on my herringbone grey walls and next to those neon orange roses I buy from Tesco sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment